We're about halfway through the season now and some surprise teams are still hanging around, which tells me that they're for real. We have the big dogs up near the top again as well like we expected, so the 2nd half of this year should bring a pretty exciting finish. See where I have the surprise teams and the teams we expected to be good ranked in this week's edition of my Power Rankings.
1. Green Bay Packers (7-0) - The Pack will stay at the top until they lose. And probably after that, too.
2. San Francisco 49ers (6-1) - If you read my post about the Kardashians, you'll know how I feel about this team. Super Bowl contenders.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) - This team has found it's identity again - Big Ben chucking the ball all over the field.
4. New England Patriots (5-2) - I still believe in this team. Well, I still believe in Tom Brady.
5. Baltimore Ravens (5-2) - Big matchup against Baltimore this week will prove who one of the top teams in the AFC really is.
6. New Orleans Saints (5-3) - Terrible loss last week to the Rams. I think it'll be a wake-up call for Sean Payton's team.
7. Detroit Lions (6-2) - As long as Matthew Stafford can keep playing, this team will be there toward the end.
8. Buffalo Bills (5-2) - Home game against the NYJ this week may go a long way in deciding a playoff spot.
9. Houston Texans (5-3) - Once Andre Johnson comes back, the offense will get even better.
10. New York Giants (5-2) - Eli Manning is playing his best football of the year right now, even with half his team going down with injuries.
11. Cincinnatti Bengals (5-2) - Andy Dalton hasn't missed a beat since leaving TCU, and A.J. Green has helped him a lot. Can't forget one of the best defenses in the NFL, either.
12. Chicago Bears (4-3) - The Bears have started to figure it out offensively - Hand the ball to Matt Forte, throw the ball to Matt Forte.
13. Atlanta Falcons (4-3) - They won 3 of their last 4 games, which tells me they're starting to finally get things together.
14. New York Jets (4-3) - Mark Sanchez threw 3 TD passes to Plaxico Burress last week. If they can continue finding him in the red zone, they might finally have something offensively.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) - I'm starting to hop back on this bandwagon with they way they've played the last few weeks.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-3) - This team is playing too inconsistently right now, but they do get LeGarrette Blount back this week. If they can right the ship, they have a legit shot at making the playoffs.
17. San Diego Chargers (4-3) - Phillip Rivers is having his worst season as a pro, and that doesn't bode well for this team.
18. Oakland Raiders (4-3) - Run DMC is still out, and Carson Palmer is in. Not sure which will turn out worse, but I do trust Hue Jackson.
19. Kansas City Chiefs (4-3) - The Chiefs have won 4 straight. What does that really mean?
20. Dallas Cowboys (3-4) - If these guys can hand the ball off to DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones, they should be alright. If not...
21. Tennessee Titans (4-3) - CJ2K needs to figure out what's wrong with his wheels if these guys have a shot at doing anything,
22. Washington Redskins (3-4) - Mike Shannahan's RB by committee needs to produce, because his QBs by committee aren't.
23. Carolina Panthers (2-6) - The defense and running game still haven't caught up to the passing game.
24. Cleveland Browns (3-4) - Did Peyton Hillis disappear into thin air? We haven't seen him in weeks.
25. Minnesota Vikings (2-6) - Christian Ponder has looked pretty good in his first 2 starts, and they still have AP. Things are looking up, at least a little.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6) - Advice for Blaine Gabbert: Throw it to MJD a little more, because you don't have any receivers.
27. Seattle Seahawks (2-5) - Tarvaris Jackson may keep this team afloat. That was a joke, and that's also why they're this bad.
28. Denver Broncos (2-5) - Tim Tebow needs to find a new position. And apparently, that statement automatically makes me a Tebow hater.
29. Arizona Cardinals (1-6) - The whole Kevin Kolb thing has been a bust so far.
30. St. Louis Rams (1-6) - Steven Jackson will carry this team to 3 wins, I'm calling it right now.
31. Miami Dolphins (0-7) - They need Luck more than the next team does. Obviously.
32. Indianapolis Colts (0-8) - It looks like they've given up on this season. See you next year.